Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Festival Of Lights

This evening we joined my bff Val and her family on a festive outing to The Grotto. There were a ton of people there but it was still enjoyable. It's always a little scary when there are a bunch of people in one place and you have a toddler that wants to run away from you to explore. Esperanza loves kids who are a little older than her, mostly little girls. She'll follow them as if they are her big sister or something. If my eye is taken off of her for a second she'd be lost and more than happy to be part of someone else's family. I try to give her a little bit of slack so she feels some freedom, yet I also try to let her know it really isn't okay to wonder away from me. Val's youngest kid Carter is 3 1/2 and is just as happy to wonder away from his family too. Needless to say, we spent most of our evening chasing our little ones around. It was fun.
We did manage to catch a few minutes of a puppet show, take a few pictures, visit the small petting zoo, walk in then right back out of the sanctuary where the chior was singing, get some hot spiced apple cider and of course stroll (I mean chase the kids) through the paths lit with Christmas lights.
Here are a few pictures I took of Esperanza earlier today. She's growing up so fast and I'm super excited to see how she handles Christmas morning this year. Hopefully she'll enjoy it as much as I'm hoping for.
She loves these snow globes!
I love this picture
I re-introduced 'the potty' today. She just thinks it's a toy right now...thats good I guess

No comments: