Even in the huge house that we traded for the one we're in right now, his family is crammed. I have memories of holidays hosted in the house we live in right now but it didn't seem that full for some reason. Must be because people get married and what was once one person becomes two. And then they have kids and two people become yet another beautiful family. The family grows and will continue to grow. We have almost 30 nieces and nephews. And now our nieces and nephews are having babies! That makes me feel old. Even though Armando and I have been married for only a few years, I've been part of the family for about 13 years now and have seen the family evolve. It's beautiful. That also makes me feel old. Thanksgiving & Christmas are the only two days out of the year that everyone is in one place at one time.
Armando and all his siblings (not including the ones who live in Mexico)

This is Selena. She's our niece and I haven't seen her for at least 4 years. She got big!

Our nephew Nino holding Esperanza
Santa made a special visit! Here he is trying to give Esperanza a candy cane
And here's Esperanza holding on to me for dear life.
At least the older kids enjoyed Santa. Here is Hannah with Santa.
Celeste with Santa
Our niece Marti with Santa (and with baby boy in belly)
Esperanza giving her candy cane to daddy
These are the only pictures I got of Esperanza by herself in her Christmas dress and adorable ruby red slippers/shoes

We ate a ton of food, the kids opened gifts and the adults did a white elephant exchange. We got some good group shots taken since everyone was there. I'm kicking myself for not having my camera when we did those pictures. I have no Christmas 2009 family picture of me Armando and Esperanza. I know there's one out there - Cathy, Lily or Chilly - please email me a copy if you got one? As the sun was setting, we packed up and left the house and this part of the family to join my family for Christmas evening at Cyndi's house in Portland.


Antonio with a pellet gun! Dont' worry, it's not loaded. Handed down from my mom and once belonged to my dad who passed away many years ago.
This is quite possibly the cutest picture ever! Roman & Esperanza in their matching 'Santa's Helper' jammies.
Angelica with her new quilt my mom made her
Esperanza riding Roman's electric quad. She got really good on it!
My sister Cyndi and her husband Tony hosted a wonderful Christmas gathering at their house with a ton of yummy food. Geneva and her kids drove into town and met us at Cyndi's. My mom and George were there. Cyndi's mom, her sister and her sisters boyfriend were also with us. It was a nice and relaxing evening. We did some gift exchanges, the two little ones played and ran around the house in their cute matching jammies, the boys watched football and us girls chatted.
Geneva in her new bootsI hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday! May the coming year be full of love and good health to you all.
1 comment:
Han, I can never get over how precious Esperanza is. She's just beautiful. I LOVED her Christmas dress. I'm so glad you had a happy holiday. Here's to the New Year and more get togethers!
Post a Comment