Sunday, December 20, 2009

Arctic Blast '08 Baby Turns 1

My nephew Roman turned one earlier this week. He was born at the beginning of our big snow storm last year. Because the media around here makes such a big deal about any elemental extremeties, this time last year was considered the 'Arctic Blast' in the northwest. So, I can't help but call little Roman the Arctic Blast '08 Baby.

My sister Cyndi had a birthday celebration for him on Saturday. Due to Esperanza's nap, we got there a little bit late, just as everyone was leaving and after all the fun of cake and gifts. We still had a great time though. Esperanza and Roman played with Roman's new birthday toys. Cyndi and Tony got Roman this music learning toy table thing that they played with and had the best time. Roman was 'popping' his knee while Esperanza busted a move to the music. They were quite the dancing team. As much as I can't stand these type of toys, it's a pretty entertaining piece of plastic for little ones. I'm actually convinced we need one for Esperanza.
Don't let this little girl fool you. She may be cute, but she's plotting something...
Below is a cute video of cousins Roman & Esperanza. Roman is about 5 months younger than Esperanza but is already bigger and stronger than her. He's gonna be a big boy! Note: If you're viewing this on my actual blog, be sure to scroll to the bottom of the page and pause the music before you play the video...if you got this as an email, I don't think you need to do anything (and I appologize for sending it a few times too many).

Happy 1st Birthday Roman. I think this was the last birthday of the year for our family!

No comments: