Saturday, November 30, 2013

A Spectacular And Memorable Afternoon At The Park

We spent a few wonderful hours at Goot Park recently. It's the end of Fall and getting cold. The trees had lost almost all of their colorful leaves. The sky was blue, the park was deserted and the birds were singing. The kids were bundled up and in a good mood. I brought lunch, snacks and my camera. It was a splendid day!

The kids played on the park equipment, they ran and ran and ran their little hearts out and Ezra had the time of his life striking poses with fierce expressions yelling "Hiyah!" as if he was practicing some form of martial arts (pretty sure he picked this up from watching the sword fighting scene in The Princess Bride the other day). Esperanza had fun running after birds in the field and climbing up and down the bleachers. At one point, the kids ran to each other and embraced with a long and heartfelt hug. Neither one of the kids had any kind of emotional or mental breakdown at any time while we were at the park! It was so wonderful! I love days like this, I love that I got so many great pictures and I love that I can document this to remember.  









































No comments: