Every day, during the month of November, the kids write one thing they are thankful for onto a leaf and we hang it onto this tree. We call it our Thanksgiving Tree. Esperanza and I started it a little over a week into November so she got to fill out several leaves in one day so we could catch up and fill up the tree a bit. I built the tree with construction paper and she helped cut out leaves (a great project while Ezra was napping). Esperanza has been thankful for all sorts of things, from honey to dolphins. I tell her how to spell the word, and she writes it on the leaf. Ezra comes up with things he is thankful for each day as well. He picks out a leaf from the basket, I write the word on the leaf, Esperanza gets the tape and he sticks it to the tree.
I am forever thankful for these precious little gifts of mine!





No comments:
Post a Comment