Thursday, November 14, 2013

My Dad's Guitar


My favorite (and only) Aunt Marti gifted me my biological dads guitar. She got it all packed up and sent it via UPS all the way from Ohio! My mom says she remembers my dad having this guitar before they got together and married, so it's been around awhile. Marti took it to Woodstock back in the 60's and played it often. I have memories of my dad playing this guitar when I was a little girl. It's a pretty special thing and a prized possession of mine now. 
When the UPS guy arrived at our house to deliver it, I jumped with joy knowing what it was. The kids (we had a house full of people and kids) all enjoyed playing with the packing peanuts while I held the guitar and re-lived some memories. It needs a good cleaning, tuning and possibly some other small repairs, but overall, for it's age, it's in great shape! I have NO idea how to play it though. One day, I will take it in to get it all fixed up and take a lesson or two on how to play it. For now, it's beautiful as it is and I'm grateful to have inherited something so special and meaningful to remind me of my dad.
I'll be finding peanuts in my house forever now





No comments: