Friday, November 15, 2013

Evenings With Ezra

Ezra is a night owl. Every evening, around 8 o'clock, the kids and I go about our bedtime routine. Then we all climb into bed, the lights go out, Ezra nurses for a few minutes aaaaaand then he gets up and leaves the room. While he has a little Daddy time, I lay with Esperanza until she drifts off into dream land. Then I get up, and I spend the rest of the evening with Ezra until he finally wants to go to asleep, usually around 11. 
This isn't just sometimes, this is nearly every single night. The only exception is when he doesn't nap, which is once every other week or so. I do enjoy and treasure this time alone with Ezra, but I also can not wait until the transition to no naps is complete and I get evenings without kids.

For now, we keep busy during the late evening hours with various different activities like puzzles, blocks, nesting dolls, legos, books, bubbles, the marble run, tea and cookies and whatever else we can find that is quiet and entertaining.








 I guess we didn't even bother putting jammies on him this evening

And a video

No comments: