Ezra caught a bug last week and spent about 48 hours feeling miserably awful. Aside from feeling bad about him feeling bad, I really love how snugly and sweet he is when he's not feeling well. He would just cozy up on my lap at various times throughout the day and just want to be held. No complaints. When he was tired, he would just fall asleep on the floor. Night time was rough, he emptied his illness out of both ends several times throughout the night. His hair, my hair and several changes of bedding and clothes were covered in puke. It was exhausting for both of us. I rarely if ever take temperatures, but knew he was well within a 'healthy' sick range. I got fluids in him and he didn't feel extremely hot at any point. After a full night and day little sleep but lots of vomit and diarrhea, he took a bath (I showered off) and he was feeling a little bit better. Poor kid. Being sick is no fun.
At one point in the middle of the night, while Ezra was awake puking, he had woke Esperanza up. She expressed little care about her sleep being interrupted, and instead commented "we're going to have a tired party tomorrow". My thoughts on that were - 'yes, dear, the last 5 1/2 years of my life has been one big tired party.'






No comments:
Post a Comment