A few funnies:
Kiko speaks very little, if any, English. I kept asking Rafael to translate for me. He wouldn't though. He would just stare at me. At one point in the day, Kiko kept telling me the same thing over and over again and I had absolutely NO clue what he was saying. My response each time was "yo no compredo, habla me en English" (I think that is some version of "I don't understand, talk to me in English"). He still kept saying the same thing in Spanish. Finally, Esperanza, who must have gotten frustrated herself by the communication problem, yells "MOM, he is saying he wants to play with the train!". She understood what Kiko was asking for and eventually decided to take the initiative to translate for me. There was a little train set that I had put away earlier and apparently, he wanted to play with it again. This proved to me that Esperanza understands way more Spanish than she is usually willing to admit.
Sarah's son Estevan is a couple month older than Ezra. He might be short, but this kid is solid. He's a tank and will plow through anything in his way. He would touch Ezra, and Ezra would fall down. After the first or second time, Estevan began to like pushing Ezra down and Ezra became scared of him. He's see Estevan coming towards him and would instantly cry and run to me. It was funny and sad at the same time. I started calling Estevan a bully. In Ezra's defense, he did miss his nap that day.
Here are some pictures of the day. I always wonder what events, moments and days will become part of my kids' future memories. I hope that some of these blog posts will still be around for these kids to look at in the future to trigger memories and/or enjoy remembering moments through these pictures.
We built a fort over the pool outside for them to play in
Rafa, Kiko and Esperanza
Kiko and his dirty face
He's sooo darn cute
Our 'great' nephew Jeramiah. He was the oldest of the bunch that day. At 5 years old, he started Kindergarten this year.
Boys, dirt and trucks.
Kiko was dropped off wearing white shorts and a white shirt. I immediately dropped what I was doing when I took a look at him and pulled down the 3T bin from the garage shelf and changed him. Good thing. This kid was covered from head to toe in dirt within minutes.
Esperanza had also put white on that morning. I forgot to change her before she started playing in dirt. Oh well, it's almost too small for her anyways.
Estevan, the big bully tank
Somehow, I got all seven kids in each of the next 3 pictures. Not wonderful pictures, but what do you expect when there's that many little people.
My niece Sarah, cooking us dinner! She didn't hesitate to put my apron on and make herself comfortable in my kitchen. I love that!
Ring Around The Rosies
Pushing Trucks


















No comments:
Post a Comment