Quick sidenote before I get to my original blog post topic: Did you know that sugar gives users a similar type of euphoric feeling as heorin does? Without giving details and getting myself into trouble, I will share that I have a close and personal relationship with 2 heroin addicts and guess what they turn to when they don't have their first drug of choice? Good ol' fashioned sugar cane. Sugar is also more addictive than heroin yet it is handed out to children to show ones love, sold in stores by the pound and considered a normal part of most peoples diet despite it's deadly effects and negative impact on their bodies, attitudes, personalities, teeth, etc. Yup. Bad stuff it is, sugar and heroin. Curious about the comparison as well as the history of how sugar and heorin began, read Sugar Blues - great book.

On the Eve of Christmas Eve I picked up Anycia and Antonio from their dads house, stopped to visit my mom for a bit then headed home where we began an afternoon and evening filled with baking and cooking, with lots of sugar. I had volunteered to do desserts for our family gathering. Typically, I cook goodies with whole wheat flower, honey, some nuts and/or dried fruits and maybe even some cocoa nibs or carob chips. They turn out delicious, yet also very healthy. Something took ahold of me this time around though and I decided to do holiday cut out sugar cookies with neon colored icing and peppermint bark with white and dark chocolate! Oooh, la, la! I think it was the kids, gotta show the love.







No comments:
Post a Comment