Saturday, December 10, 2011

Ezra Is Half A Year Old

At 6 months old Ezra can sit on his own with no support, he eats pureed foods and is super giggly for no reason other than that he's just a happy little baby. He's still very distracted when he's nursing, even when it's just him and I alone in a dark room during the day. He won't nurse more than a few times a day. He's decided he'd rather nurse more at night so that he can discover the world around him during the day without having to be attached to me for the boring task of eating. So he nurses throught he night which keeps him thriving, growing and healthy. He's quickly growing out of size 9 month clothes and into size 12 month clothes now. He weighs 19 pounds. No teeth have appeared yet but he is still teething and wants to chew on anything and everything he can get into his mouth. A few weeks ago, out of the blue, Esperanza started calling him Buddah. He's such a joy to be around.He loves mamas home made carrot puree. He's a very messy eater too. After each bite, his hands immediately go to his mouth, then to his eyes, hair, ears, and within seconds his entire body is covered in food. I'll learn soon that I just need to wipe his mouth after each bite cause I will not be giving him a bath after each meal. I am afraid though that this is just the beginning and eventually he will turn into an even messier eater where food ends up all over the flood and walls. This is a very clean picture of him, before the hand rubbed the carrot puree all over the place.Happy Half Birthday Buddah!

1 comment:

jprsilver said...

Ezra is the happiest little guy! Blue Buddah? Made my day when he smiled and reached out to cuddle with me today. I am glad for you that he has such a sweet disposition. And he LIKES food!!