We gathered with my family on Christmas Eve at my moms house. I dressed Esperanza in my old Christmas dress and she loved it, especially after seeing the picture my mom had of me wearing it when I was her age. Tony and Cyndi picked up pizzas from Tony's work, Old Chicago, mom made a delicious salad and I brought those home made sugary treats. We ate, watched Christmas movies and opened gifts. Mary gave each kid a 'love' necklace (Esperanza broke hers the next day) and a wooden flute. Cyndi gave Espernza some stickers and other crafts. Mom and George got Roman a big wooden truck that hauls wooden cars and Esperanza a play cupcake kit. Mom made all of us girls a table runner. I attempted to get a picture of all 6 kids together. Though fuzzy with several pairs of eyes looking in different directions, I guess I succeeded. At the end of the evening, I put my kids' Christmas jammies and as I drove home they both fell fast asleep. I put out our little bundle of gifts and played Santa, then I noticed that the flower bulbs my sister Mary had given me for my birthday had bloomed. 






No comments:
Post a Comment