Thursday, December 29, 2011

Merry Christmas

Christmas morning started off with me waking up, engorged and uncomfortable at 5 am. Ezra had slept threw the night for the first time in months (Merry Christmas to me!)! By 7 am I couldn't take it any longer though cause I couldn't sleep through the pain and didn't have the energy to pump, so I woke Ezra up to nurse. As I was nursing him, Esperanza walked in the room and began crying because she had accidently gone potty while sleeping. Good thing we had a cover over the mattress still, as this was the first time she had had an accident in a long time (and it was only because she'd fallen asleep in the car the night before and didn't go potty before going to bed for the night). After changing Esperanza and getting the bed cleaned up, there was not a chance either kid was going back to sleep. We don't usually begin our day until closer to 9 am. Being Christmas morning and all though, I cheerfully said to Esperanza, 'Merry Christmas, go look to see if Santa brought you presents!'. And so it began...

Esperanza helped Ezra open his gifts
He loved his sippy cup and Sofie the giraffe chew/squeeker toy She got so excited over her hello kitty band-aids

After we opened gifts, Esperanza had fun playing with the cupcake kit her grandma gave her, "HOT, HOT" she exclaimed each time she pulled them out of her the oven with her oven mit on.

We got ready to go over to Armando's moms house for Christmas. Esperanza wore the lovely vintage dress and I put her hair up in pigtails wtih cute little fairies in.
Esperanza helped do some last minute gift wrapping to take over to Grandma Angelina's house


And just before we headed out the door, Esperanza decided it was nap time

Part 2 - Christmas At Grandma Angelina's, to follow...

No comments: