Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Paper Snowflakes

It had been years and years since I made paper snowflakes, and I can't say I ever really knew how to make a very nice looking one in the first place. Then, I came across a tutorial the other day on how to make paper snowflakes (Martha Stewart of course). It's so easy and fun! Even I was able to get them to turn out wonderful! Esperanza and I made several colorful snowflakes of various sizes to hang up in our window. She had fun cutting up the scrap paper into itty bitty pieces while I did most of the actual snowflake making. Then she unfolded them, put double sided tape on them and hung them in the window. I'm still practicing, but even these first ones turned out pretty darn good I think. Aren't they pretty!? Esperanza is still mastering the scissors. We bought her a pair of scissors that spring open after they are closed to cut. It makes it so she can actually use scissors without getting too frustrated and now she loves to just sit and cut paper with her scissors.

No comments: