Monday, December 31, 2012

Snow Day With The Biggi's


We met my sister Cyndi and her little family up on the mountain for some snow fun recently. We really thought the day was going to be a ton of fun. It was sunny, without a cloud in the sky and we felt we got off to a good start that morning. We drove to a free snow park just south of Hood River called Little John Snow Park. It was a great little snow park. Cyndi and Tony brought sleds. We had lots of food, snacks and goodies packed for the kids. I brought several changes of clothes and extra layers to keep everyone warm and toasty. Despite our efforts though, the kids, at least mine, had fun for a very short period of time before their smiles turned upside down. No matter what I did - they were permanently cold and uncomfortable, hungry and tired. I don't think Ezra had one bit of fun, and wouldn't even touch the snow or let us put him down. He just was not having it. We still pushed through the day up until the sun went down, trying relentlessly to convince them that the snow was really fun to play in. We talked Esperanza into going down the hill on the sled a few times, but still she wasn't having fun. We took Ezra sledding down a couple times too. Still no smile. 
I was consumed with my own kids' issues so I'm not real sure how Roman was in comparison to my kids, but I'm guessing he was in better spirits.

Some days, that's just the way it is. We'll try it again another day. 

pictures are not in order

 Sunshine




 Looks fun to me! We mostly stayed on the mini-slope opposite this one though





 She really did not want to sled! 
 Poor Ezra, he was miserable

 I think that is a smile on her face...this was part of the first 20 minutes or so of snow play
 Roman and Tony
 Roman and Esperanza - smiles!
Now that was a true smile! Wish it would have lasted longer.





No comments: