Thursday, August 30, 2012

Sleepover With Rafa

We've had Rafael stay the night with us a couple of times recently. The first time was unexpected when Armando came home one evening with Rafa and Esperanza without telling me first. I was a little sad I wasn't given any advance notice so I could make Esperanza's first sleepover super special. They still had fun that night. A couple weeks later, just a few days ago, we brought Rafa home with us after a picnic at the river gathering. I gave the kids baths, made popcorn with butter and nutritional yeast and put a movie on for them. I let them stay up later and play. When they did finally go to sleep, I put a twin mattress next to the queen size mattress in our room. They laid there together for a moment then Esperanza quickly climbed up into bed with me and fell asleep. Rafa's mama picked him up early the next morning and Esperanza screamed and cried for at least an hour after he left. She 'says' she wants to stay the night with him next time. I'm just not so sure I want to get up in the middle of the night to go get her when she wakes up and realizes she can't climb into bed with me. Soon though. We're getting closer folks. 








Earlier in the day, we met a bunch of family up at Tio Rafa and Danette's property on the Lewis River. The kids had a ton of fun playing in the water and running around. I brought some of my neighbors from down the road (and family friends of Armando's family) with us - Tony & Beverly Meza. Their granddaughter Talia and her two daughters. Lucy and Lily, were staying with them and so they came with us as well. I've been over at their house a lot over the past couple of weeks, gleaning on their fruit trees and canning/juicing/dehydrating/freezing and eating it all. It was nice to pay them back a little bit by taking them out for an enjoyable afternoon by the water with some food and company. 








No comments: