Sunday, May 13, 2012

Backing Up

I am so far behind on blogging. There are several ideas I have for individual posts to type up, but I just can't seem to find the time to make blogging a priority these days. I'm not giving up though. Instead, I will attempt to catch up with this one post loaded with lots of pictures paired with brief stories or captions. I may backtrack again again with some other individual posts in the near future, or at the very least, get back on track with posting once a week or so. For now though, here is a little preview of a few things we've been up to the past couple of months...

Just a couple short weeks after having the baby chicks in a plastic tub, they outgrew it. I borrowed a dog cage from my mom, chick proofed it and housed the chickens in it in my garage for several more weeks. While I was chicken proofing it, Ezra thought it was a pretty neat place to hang out. 

I had this sudden urge to get Ezra's pictures done a few weeks ago. I loved how well this photo shoot went and was so happy I had that spontaneous need to get professional pictures of Ezra done while he's still a baby. If I could only keep just one picture of Ezra, it would be this one (okay, two).  We got a few shots of Esperanza too somehow. Though I can't imagine any of the other photos turned out as amazing as these, I can't wait to see the rest. Thank you Olive
It appears I am not the only beer enthusiast in my house after all
Daddy with his babies (and my horrible flash)
Daddy working with Esperanza on her alphabet
Party time at our friends son Gavn's 4th birthday party
Tio Tony had a birthday...Esperanza and Clarissa were front and center when it became birthday cake time


They love each other so much
Armando was the first to dress Ezra up in Esperanza's clothes
Playing in the muddy water at a park
A spontaneous and short visit from Esperanza's cousin Rafa. We usually go to his house.
Mary, Esperanza, Ezra and I went to see the Easter Bunny way back when it was Easter time (a potential blog post I need to back up and do). Both kids were amazing. I didn't get a digital shot of the Easter Bunny with the kids, but here's one I took of Esperanza and Mary while in line
Esperanza's school moved to a new location. The kids and I went to check out the new facilities during their open house. Ezra had a lot of fun playing with some of the toys.
If I could pick just one non-essential item for Ezra to have, it would be a ball.
Bunny ears! One of the many, MANY, things my sister Mary gave Esperanza in her Easter basket.
Princess Eva (I mean, Armando's little sister Eva) had a birthday. She's the youngest out of the 9
For about 2 weeks Esperanza's wanted pigtails. Every. Single. Day. 
Rafa and Esperanza coloring
Ezra loves his walker
And I just love him
Look at that adorable face - 10 months old here
This little girl is so spunky and free
Back in March, Esperanza learned how to ride her bike. I quickly ran out and bought an overpriced helmet. 
Swinging on the swing in our back yard
My attempt at getting a picture of the both asleep in the backseat - you can see his little face in the mirror.
Love sleeping kids....soooo peaceful. Oh and that pink unicorn? Yet ANOTHER addition to our stuffed animal collection. Armando is way too good at those machines. This one is her prized possession for now.
We've been doing lots of 'spring cleaning', trying to rid of things that take up space and get very little use. I sold this huge bulky contraption at a consignment sale (along with TONS of other things) recently. I did keep the kid though and of course acquired lots of new used things.
Esperanza had 'picture day' at preschool recently. She LOVES a big, fancy, flowery, poofy, purdy dress almost any day, so we had no problem getting dressed up for the day. Can't wait to see the professional pictures.
A family friend invited us to an indoor Luau celebration a few weeks ago. Of the many performances they had was a Hawaiian woman singing and hula dancing on stage. Esperanza had been off running around and mingling. I looked up from a conversation I was having and found that Esperanza had invited herself up on stage and was dancing away with the Hawaiian woman.  
My little Hula girl
Park day
I got to sit and rest while Esperanza did all the work
We made delicious granola bars!
Sleeping babies. I am usually sandwiched in between these two slices of love.
Mmm, watermelon
Somehow, we still have all 10 chickens! Lucy has attempted several times to get to them. My moms dog Maddy got one by the throat the other day, but it got aways with no injuries. And hawks are constantly circling above waiting for the right moment to swoop down and snatch one up. For now, all ten remain.
We had been planning to build the chickens a coop, but then we found one on Craigslist that was cheaper and faster than building one from scratch. The chickens finally have their permanent home! And I finally have those stinky girls out of my garage. We will do some cosmetic work to the coop at some point. My neighbor, and co-parent to the chickens, really wants it red with white trim. We will also raise it at some point and build a run off of it. They spent their first night in it last night and everyone is very happy.
Esperanza enjoys chasing the chickens
As well as picking them up and tossing them in the air to watch them 'fly' 

No comments: