Saturday, May 19, 2012

Ezra At 10 1/2 Months Old

Yes, I realize Ezra is almost (gasp) an entire year old (gulp). I missed my monthly blog post update on Ezra at 10 months as well as 11 months though, so here I am again, backtracking with my blogging. I had Ezra's pictures done when he was 10 1/2 months old...so here's my update on him at that age, along with several beautiful pictures of my handsome little baby boy.

At 10.5 months old, Ezra crawls all over the place, pulls himself up to walk while holding onto things, waves hi and even says hi. Like Esperanza, "Hi" is his first word. Though I am not positive, it sounded like he said 'chicken' once. When he waves, he raises his arm and flops his hand around. I call it the floppy wave. Any time I pull the dishwasher open to empty or load it, he makes a bee line straight towards it in hopes that he can start pulling silverware and dishes out of it. He loves making really loud noises. Metal pots, pans, spoons, bowls are his favorite to bang against each other or onto the tile floor. It actually doesn't bother me, but it really annoys Esperanza. If I forget to put the cat food up after Lucy is done eating, he will dump it all over the floor and eat it (Esperanza did this until she was well past 2). He likes to eat dog food off of my moms kitchen floor also. He's still a yeller at times, but mostly is just chatty with that adorable baby chit-chat now. He thinks it's really fun to imitate each other with silly noises. He loves balls - any size, any texture, any color - he LOVES balls! He wears size 18-24 month clothes and a size 4 shoe. He weighs about 22 pounds and has 5 teeth. Two of the top ones are only out a tiny bit. He's had a very tough time with teething. They hurt him so much when they are beginning to come in. On top of that, he constantly bumps his already sore gums on various things all day long. And when teeth do finally emerge, he continues to bump them, sometimes hard enough to cause a little bleeding. I worry he might loose a tooth before he even gets them all! He eats almost anything. I'm not as picky with him as I was with Esperanza. I'm still not giving him dairy or wheat, but pretty much anything else is fair game. He loves oranges, but not grapefruit. He would eat avocados and banans all day if I had enough. When his teeth hurt, he will refuse most foods but will eat frozen blueberries no matter what. When I try to feed him something he doesn't want, or when he's full and I still try giving him a bite, he shakes his head no.

Ezra is my early bird. He wakes up at about 6:30 and even before his eyes pop open, he's ready to go. There is no putting him back to sleep or even nursing him for a few minutes so I can get a little more shut eye so I can slowly wake up. Fortunately for both of us, Armando is just like him: up and at it at the crack of dawn (as long as he hadn't been up all night studying, watching a movie or on the computer). On mornings he does get up early, which is several days a week usually, Armando will take Ezra for a walk with him. They go to Lacamas Lake and walk the trails up there. Armando either pushes Ezra in the jogging stroller or puts him in the hiking backpack carrier. On these days, I get to crawl back into bed with Esperanza and catch an hour or so of uninterrupted sleep. Esperanza and I both could sleep until noon if no one bothered us.

So here are some beautiful photos of our darling Baby Blue from about a month ago, when he was 10 and a half months old. These pictures make me sit back and wonder 'now why do I even bother with own camera when there's this!?'.










I almost started crying when I picked up my cd with these pictures of Ezra from Brienne. I fought back tears because of how utterly grateful I was to have these. Forever. I'll always be able look back on these pictures and reminisce on his baby days. They make me regret not getting professional pictures of Esperanza done when she was a baby (those crappy JC Penny pictures don't count.). Brienne really captured the best of Ezra with her magical touch (not that he isn't this adorable in real life - more actually). He is growing up so darn fast, I must cherish these last moments of baby! 
Thank you Simply Olive! You are Simply Amazing!

No comments: