The kids, along with all of the adults, had a ton of fun this year celebrating Easter (which was almost 2 months ago). Our activities included lots of Easter egg dying and decorating, shopping with the kids and Mary, meeting the Easter Bunny for the first time and getting pictures taken, filling Easter baskets and plastic eggs with goodies for the kids and an Easter egg hunt at my moms house with Cyndi, Tony and Roman.
 |
| I don't often have brilliant ideas, but while dying eggs I discovered that by using french press', you can keep hollowed eggs submurged in the dye liquid (food dye of course). Brilliant I tell ya! |
 |
| The red was made with lots and lots of yellow onion peels and the blue with purple cabbage |
 |
| Even Armando got in on decorating the eggs. |
 |
| Mary discovered that her portable air compressor worked really well at blowing out the eggs. |
 |
| We did hollowed out eggs and hard boiled eggs, which meant we were eating a ton of eggs. Lots of hard boiled egg sandwiches and wraps. |
 |
| We went to meet the Easter Bunny at a local store with the kiddos and Mary. I don't have a digital copy of the actual picture with the kids and the Easter Bunny, but here is a picture of Mary and Esperanza I took while in line. The kids did Amazing! No crying, no breakdowns and no one was scared of the bunny. |
 |
| While we were waiting for our pictures to be ready to pick up from our Easter Bunny visit, we strolled down to a kids toy store and played with toys for awhile. Mary had fun putting dress up hats on Ezra. And here is where I got him his favorite red ball. |
 |
| Fireman Ezra |
 |
| Mary went a teeny, tiny bit overboard with the kids' Easter basket. When she said she was doing Easter baskets for the kids, I was thrilled...but then a bit overwhelmed when I saw what she got!!! Esperanza's basket was HUGE! It contained a bunny hand puppet, a purple stuffed bunny animal, a chicken finger puppet, some socks, hair things, a wooden flute, bunny ears, an egg dying kit, a cute little birds nest, a cute card, a cupcake, a chocolate bunny, lots and lots of chocolate candies and organic jelly beans along with various other little toys and trinkets. WOW!!! |
 |
| Ezra's basket included the coolest three headed hand puppet dragon, a bunny finger puppet baby book and a few other little toys. |
 |
| I did much smaller baskets.. Esperanza got paints, sidewalk chalk, some stickers, some bandaids and a few other little things. Ezra got the red ball and a few snacks. I also got Ezra that big walker which was a last minute Craigslist find, and something he was in need of anyhow. |
 |
| He liked the plastic eggs and cheerios that were inside of them |
 |
| Esperanza loves a big surprise! |
 |
| Since Easter fell on our 6 year wedding anniversary, Armando got his own little mini-basket which contained a replacement wedding ring for the original that was lost some time ago! |
 |
| Both kids enjoyed the walker and all the wooden blocks inside of it. |
 |
| Overboard I tell ya! |
Then it was off to moms house for the Easter Egg hunt!!! Pictures say more than words in this case...
No comments:
Post a Comment