Saturday, September 10, 2011

Ezra Is 3 Months Old

~He coo's and chats up a storm when you get him going. He loves to have deep intellectual conversations. ~He despises car rides. He can be all happy & giggly and then once he's in the carseat (or even just seeing the carseat), he starts to cry, and often continues to cry until we get out of the car. He especially doesn't like it when we run errans and I'm taking him in and out of the car every few minutes.


~He giggles and smiles all the time. Often he'll start kicking his legs and squeeling with delight. He'll sometimes even give you a crooked half smile~He's starting to settle into one morning nap and one afternoon nap. There are still the occassional cat nap here and there, but they are becoming more predictable. And he'll take naps almost anywhere.
~He is teething already. For now, all that means is he's a little fussier during the day and he drools a lot. I'm expecting there will be some sleepless nights soon, but for now, nights aren't a problem. He's not yet old enough to hold onto anything to put in his mouth, but he has recently discovered his fist and will knaw on it very intently, screaching with discomfort at times. At the same time I discoverd he was teething, his bowel movements became less often, even skipping a day or two. Not sure if these two things are related or not.
~He weighs 16 pounds


~He has an unusual pea size ball/lump on his right heel. I have an appointment later this month to get it looked at since everyone keeps commenting on it. He also breathes kind of raspy so we'll get that looked at too.


~He's still sportin' the mo-hawk ~He still sleeps wonderfully at night time. The other night he slept 11 hours without waking! I of course woke up drenched in breast milk and went to check on him to make sure he was still breathing. Sometimes he'll wake in the middle of the night, and I can hear him on the baby monitor cooing and making soft noises. I'll wait for him to start fussing before I get up to get him, but usually he goes back to sleep within a few minutes.


I'm one lucky mama to have such an amazing baby boy!

No comments: