Friday, September 30, 2011

Summer Neighborhood Kids

Now that summer is over and school is back in session, it sure is quiet. A few days out of every week this summer we had half a dozen or so little neighborhood kids playing in our yard with Esperanza.


Ring around the rosies


The sad part is, some of these kids would be over for the entire day without a parent checking on them or even knowing where they were. I never once met a parent or even heard anybody call their kids home. They would usually go home on their own when they wanted to. I'd feed them, give them water but send them home if they needed to go to the bathroom. Keep in mind, these kids' ages range from 4 to 7!!!


Zoey & Esperanza Having a Picnic


The very wonderful thing though was that I was able to provide a safe and fun place for these kids to spend a good part of their summer. Esperanza had kids to play with & I had entertainment for her while I tended to newborn baby Ezra. It really was perfect for everyone. They mostly played in the front yard/porch but when Armando was home, he'd take them all out back and push them on the swings and let them play in the playhouse or sandbox while he supervised.


Goopy hands


Aianna & EsperanzaOkay, Carter is no neighborhood kid, but he had fun with everyone this day tooI hope these kids have some good memories, I know Esperanza does.

No comments: