George is home again. A little over a month ago, just a few days shy of the one year anniversary of his right leg amputation, George had his left leg amputated. It's pointless to go into details about how devestating it was, and is. He lives this reality while the rest of us can only imagine. Fortunately, he has come home healthy and in high spirits after just a few weeks of recovery! He looks and feels better than he has in years. Having that second leg taken off was like getting rid of a sickness that for the past several years had taken over his body and mind. Watch out, cause this guy is as sharp as a whip now!
We had a couple of gatherings recently to welcome George home. Here are some pictures I took.
Group shot - why didn't I do auto camera to get Cyndi and Mary in these?
Having way too much fun
Mary & Ezra
Cyndi & Roman
Cyndi with all the kids
Mom & Ezra
Mary with the BBQ
Mary & Esperanza went for a walk in the field out back and returned with some beautiful wildflowers for George - here's Esperanza giving them to him
George is recovering well from this major surgery, yet he still has many other illnesses that he continues to struggle with on a daily basis. The title of this post came from my favorite Grandpa. Grandpa Al, who is a WWII Veteran, said this in an email to me recently in regards to George and the health issues he has had to live with since Vietnam..."the war is never over for so many", I can't agree more. Since the sad truth of it is so real not just for our family, but for so many others, I had to share.
Welcome back George. Stay home for awhile will ya.
1 comment:
He does look so good!! I love your blog Hanukkah! and you too :)~Val
Post a Comment