Saturday, July 16, 2011

A Back Yard Day

I often get caught in a time warp, trapped inside the house trying to accomplish the simplest of things like brushing teeth, going potty, getting everyone dressed and fed - you know, the basics. It seriously takes all day! Before I know it, the day is almost gone and we haven't even stepped foot outside, let alone had any fun. I wouldn't feel so bad if it was winter, but it's not. So, occassionally I just give up. On this particular day last week, I gave up and we made it all the way to the back yard for some sunshine, fresh air and fun!

Esperanza playing in her sandboxHe wouldn't nap in it, but he did enjoy laying in the moses basket for short periods of time This is how Esperanza 'helps' Ezra nurse. She really feels like she's helping, it's cute. She kinda wants to be a baby again I think. And who needs a healthy lunch when you can fill up on snack crackers in a bag?
She LOVES to swing!!! And it does't take much effort for me to sit in a lawn chair, nurse Ezra & push Esperanza in the swing at the same time. It's taking some time & small steps, but I'm starting to figure this two kid thing out.
Playing on the deck of the playhouse
Brother & Sister chillin' in the backyard together. Before I know it, these two will be pushing each other on the swings, having a ton of fun playing together...and I'll wish they needed to me.

No comments: