Ezra at 1 month old
It's hard to believe that Ezra has been with us for an entire month now. It seems as though time speeds up with each kid...think I'll stop at 2 and enjoy the ride. We are all so in love with our new little guy and we are continuing to get to know him and get used to our new family member. Esperanza has her moments of jealousy as expected, but is adjusting well and mostly adores him. He's getting so big. His precious newborn look has been replaced by a chubby cheeked, wide-eyed baby. Though it'll probably take me awhile to complete the process, here are a few things we've learned about our baby boy over the past month, as well as some catch up photos ~
Ezra smiled at me for the first time yesterday! Twice.
He burps, snorts, farts, grunts, snores and makes other similar sounds all the time. I just have to say that these are most definately 'boy' noises. Esperanza would coo and let out soft pretty sighs when she was a newborn - not once did she snort or grunt. Seriously, boys are kinda gross!
He burps, snorts, farts, grunts, snores and makes other similar sounds all the time. I just have to say that these are most definately 'boy' noises. Esperanza would coo and let out soft pretty sighs when she was a newborn - not once did she snort or grunt. Seriously, boys are kinda gross!
He wore newborn size clothes up to almost 3 weeks old. He fits into 0-3 month clothes perfect right now, but I would bet he'll be out of them and in the next size real soon. He's a chunk!
According to my home weighing method, he weighs about 11.5 pounds...that means he's gained 4 pounds in 1 month!
Though he hasn't rolled completely over, he is close. I already have to make sure I don't lay him down too close to the edge of anything cause I really think he's going to roll over sometime soon. It seems kinda early for him to do this, but he's a strong little boy. He's been able to lift his head up for a few weeks already too.
According to my home weighing method, he weighs about 11.5 pounds...that means he's gained 4 pounds in 1 month!
Though he hasn't rolled completely over, he is close. I already have to make sure I don't lay him down too close to the edge of anything cause I really think he's going to roll over sometime soon. It seems kinda early for him to do this, but he's a strong little boy. He's been able to lift his head up for a few weeks already too.
For the first 2 weeks he slept REALLY good at night. So good that it was usually me that woke him up to nurse. Now, he still sleeps good at night, but wakes on his own to nurse and then goes right back to sleep.
His startle reflexes are out of control! His arms often flare up and wake him up for no apparent reason. Sometimes I'll swaddle him really tight at night time so his arms stay put and he stays asleep. During the day though, since his naps are still so sporatic and unpredictable, he is rarely swaddled. So, I've started lying him down on his tummy for day time naps to prevent his startle reflex from waking him every time I lie him down. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't.
Though we called him Blue while he was in my belly, I rarely if ever refer to him as that anymore. Esperanza on the other hand gets upset if we call him anything 'but' Blue. On several occassions, I've heard Mando call him Sancho, Shanchi, Papi, Hector or some other off the wall name. I even caught myself referring to him as Pancho once! Sheesh. No, none of these are becoming nick names, it's just funny.
How did I get so darn lucky?
Cousin Angelica holding Ezra
Blue haired Aunt Mary with 'Blue'
Cousins Clarissa & Brandon with Ezra
1 week old

Dimples AND a double chin! Doesn't get much better than that

A bulky but kinda neat travel contraption we got to stroll 2 kids around in. On our way to the farmers market.
He'd sleep forever if I just kept him in the moby
Esperanza loves her brother
She even shares her stuffed animals with him
What baby doesn't cry?
1 comment:
Awww...he's adorable! Glad to hear he is doing so well and wow, he is so strong, already trying to roll over! I loved looking at all the new photos of Ezra.
Post a Comment