Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Prenatal Home Visit

Catherine made her home visit with us last week. Like Regina, she confirmed baby is head down and ready to go. She even predicted a weight of about 6 1/2 lbs, and gaining. It's usually just Esperanza and I at the appointments, but this time both Armando & my sister Mary were around. I got Mary to snap a few photos. It didn't occur to us until it was too late that we should have done a video recording to record the hearbeat - darn it! Maybe next time if we make it two more weeks.

Esperanza got to put the gooey stuff on my bellyShe also got to help Catherine measure my belly

When Catherine walked into our home that day for the first time, she commented on how warm & inviting the house felt to her. Though I don't recall the exact words she used to describe it, she got a very positive sense of family and warm energy from the home. I explained to her that indeed it is and has been a family home for many years. Armando grew up in this house with all his siblings. Over the years, many of those siblings have returned (like us) and lived with their kids in the home as well. It truly is a family home! I was humbled by the fact that my midwife who will be here for our son's birth, felt and appreciated the history & warm welcoming our home has to offer. If only I could pick it up and move it out of the neighborhood.

No comments: