Monday, June 14, 2010
Sleeping Threw The Night
Last night was the first night I've 'slept threw the night' in almost 2 years! I'd like to say the same for Esperanza, but this is how and where I found her in the morning....
I've recently been putting Esperanza down for naps and for the night in her own bed & bedroom. At night I lay down with her until she falls asleep. Then I get up and when I'm ready for bed I go sleep in my room (I know what you're thinking - isn't that normal? Well, not for us. Normal has been her sleeping with me every night since she was born). So, then, when she wakes up in the middle of the night crying (like she has done several times every night for the past two years) I'll go in her room and lay with her/nurse her so she falls back to sleep. By that point, I'm too tired and just end up falling asleep with her in her bed. Last night she didn't wake up crying thow. I woke up in my own bed around dawn (I don't keep a clock, phone, computer, tv, etc in my room so I never know what time it is) and was a little disoriented, not knowing why I was still in my bed and/or why Esperanza wasn't lying next to me. I realized I had actually slept threw the night without being woken up. Then I got worried, got up, went into her room and didn't find her! I tossed all of her bedding and stuffed animals off of her bed thinking she had to be there somewhere (it was still pretty dark and I didn't have my glasses on either). Before I completely panicked, I peeked out into the living room and found her lying on the floor between the couch and the coat closet - sleeping soundly. At some point in the night she woke up (not crying) and made her way into the living room where she found a better spot to sleep. I think I'll put a baby gate up in the hall at night from now on. Before leaving her and crawling back into bed, I snapped a quick photo. I do hope this was the first of many restful nights to come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
OH WOW! Amen for that! Keep us updated.
Post a Comment