Okay, so I'm not trying to scare everyone off from coming to visit me at our new home. It's Camas ghetto, not Portland or other big city ghetto. We don't have drive by shootings or gang activity (that I've noticed). It's just an older, poorer neighborhood with a lot of houses, apartments and duplexes that haven't been kept up.
The neighbors on either side of us are thankfully very friendly people. The neighbor across the street however, is a little suspicious. He's got lots of traffic coming to and fro...and I'm pretty sure he's got some kind of business running out of his side of the duplex. He also seems to attract all the neighborhood stray cats. They sit at his front door all day long. So, all I can say about that is at least he's using his earnings to feed those poor cats. Maybe he could also take them in to get neutered and spayed to they stop reproducing. I've named this neighbor Shaggy, from Scooby Doo. He totally reminds me of him, except he just shaved his head the other day so I might need a different name for him. I can't help but be the 'nosy neighbor lady' - I'm home all day and pay attention to m y surroundings. At least Esperanza isn't out running the streets, yet.
We've gone on a few neighborhood strolls and even though I call it ghetto, it's a very peaceful and comfortable environment. Because it's older, there are lots of mature trees, bushes, flowers all over and lots of birds. There is also a cute little neighborhood park a few blocks away which must be newer and looks out of place with it's immaculately manicured lawn, plastic play gym and a few approved for parks trees.
As for a more personal yet not as interesting update on our move, we are settled in and loving our new home. It's Mando's childhood home so of course it was expected he would immediately feel comfortable. But Esperanza and I feel at home here too. It's cozy and homey. I've also realized having a smaller, one story home with a baby is a lot more convenient than the 2 story mansion. It's a little different going from a brand new home to an older one and getting used to little odds and ends that need to be fixed and cleaned. Mando has been amazing at making a huge dent in the 'to-do' list though and fixed so many little things all ready. I'm still slowly unpacking boxes, getting things organized and cleaning as time allows. Moving is definately not the same with a baby as it was without a baby. Oh, and yesterday Esperanza figured out how to pull herself up to a standing postion from a sitting position. It was cute at first but then once bath time came around and she wanted to stand in the tub, it wasn't so fun.
I'd post a picture of the new home and recent ones of Esperanza but I'm having issues with uploading from my camera. If anyone wants to come over to visit us in the ghetto, you are more than welcome.
2 comments:
Hey Hanukkah! It's Val I love your blog spot :-) I will come visit you in the ghetto on Friday if it's not too late :-) luvs!
Where in the Ghetto are you? You are so funny. Love to catch up on your blog.
Post a Comment