Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Cutest 10 Month Old

I've decided at 10 months old, Esperanza is at my favorite age. Of course I keep saying that at every age but I can't help it, she just keeps getting more and more entertaining and amazing as the days go by. There is not an age that I miss yet because it just keeps getting better.

Here are a few things she's learned over the past month...
  • How to pull herself up to a standing position if there's a sturdy/stable piece of furniture or body part close by.
  • Can get into a sitting position from a laying position (easier for her with no diaper on - the only disadvantage to bulky cloth diapering).
  • How to garggle breastmilk
  • Says Ma-ma and Da - though I'm still not sure if she associates those words or sounds with me and 'Da'
  • Scoots and kind of crawls backwards, slowly
  • The 'temper tantrum' - she arches her back and stiffens her entire body when she doesn't want to be set down. She doesn't start screaming though until she's actually set down, arched back and all.
  • She can wave hi and bye
  • She plays peek-a-boo

These are things she loves...

  • Kitty's - and oh how we have LOTS of kitty's in the neighborhood in addition to our own
  • Oatio-s (Like Cheerios but made with oats)
  • Frozen fruit (blueberries, blackberries, peaches, etc)
  • Being upside down
  • Pulling hair, even the kitty's hair
  • Older kids
  • Wind chimes
  • Mirrors - looking at and talking to herself with smiles and laughs (uh-oh)

And my favorite thing lately are pigtails! Super cute but also super hard to do cause she won't sit still for even a second.


1 comment:

Jessica said...

Yep! She's pretty darn cute!