Monday, May 18, 2009

A Camel In Vancouver?

On the way home from the herb festival on Saturday, we took some back roads and we passed a CAMEL! Yes, a camel! In Vancouver - in Washington - on this continent!
A couple of months ago I drove that same road to pick up some free moving boxes I found on craigslist and saw it too. When I told Mando about it though I think he just thought I was crazy and sort of blew me off, in a nice sort of way I suppose. I started to think I was crazy too until we saw it again, together. As we were driving along the road last weekend, I told him to slow down as we approached the area I saw it last. We passed once and saw him (or her) then turned around and parked in front of it to get a closer look. Sure enough, even Mando agreed it is a camel. Neither one of us can think of a time we've ever seen a camel in real life (I don't think zoo's even keep them) so we took several pictures. You tell me, is this a camel or some strange breed of a llama on steroids?
If you want to see this camel, it's on the west side of the main road you take that goes through Hockinson. Mabye 2 miles south of what I think would be considered downtown Hockinson.

No comments: