Sunday, May 17, 2009

Baby Jail

For the first time about a week ago, Esperanza fell off the bed. Then she fell off the bed again twice since then. I can't help but laugh about it even though some of you might think that is cruel. The other day I was in the shower, Mando was watching her but probably turned his back for half a second or so cause I heard a loud thump, followed by a cry. She didn't get hurt or anything, but it did get me thinking that maybe it's time to get her into her own bed, or crib for that matter. So, the day after the first incident, Mando and I put the crib into her room (the room she never uses - even the one in the old house never got used). I haven't put her in it to sleep yet, but we're getting there. For now, I use it as a play area for her. She actually loves it! I call it 'baby jail'. Take a look at these photos and tell me it doesn't look like a jail.So, I'll probably start her with day time naps in it then eventually nighttime sleeping in it. I'm already mourning the loss of her in my bed at night. But oh, how I am looking forward to sprawling out on the bed and sleeping soundly at night...

No comments: