Friday, June 19, 2015

A Swim In The River And A Stroll Through The Market

We packed a cooler with food and drinks and met some friends down at The Sandy swimming hole on the Washougal River the other day. It was our first time there this year, the kids both remembered being there last year. 

As we set our stuff down and got comfortable, Esperanza asked
"Mom, why is this place called Sandy? There's no sand, only rocks. I'm calling it Rocky."
I've wondered the same thing me entire life.

The kids then began to collect rocks they liked. Olive and Esperanza wasted no time getting in the water and swimming across the river to the other side, where they explored and then swam back and forth. The distance is a good swim for Esperanza, she doesn't use a lifejacket, and I'm still a little anxious when I watch her swim that distance in a river with a current. She really enjoys the challenge and the independence, and the practice is good. 
Ezra waded in the water and tossed a few rocks in. He doesn't know how to swim yet, and is cautious of the water. The water was too cold for me to get in, otherwise, he'd probably have gone in with me. 

After the river, Esperanza went to kid yoga with Olive and Holly, while Ezra and I went home for a little bit. We picked up Esperanza later and went down to the Camas Farmers Market. The kids played on the lawn and we ate tacos and blueberries.








No comments: