By selling off some of the kids outgrown clothes and shoes, I made enough money to register Esperanza for swim lessons at Firstenburg Community Center. $63 for (8) 30-minute swim lessons. I feel a little robbed, but hope she'll
swim away with some valuable water skills. She's my fearless child and in past summers, will wade out in water past her waist without thinking twice about how dangerous a river, ocean or pool can be when one does not know how to swim. So, swim lessons it is. She's in the first of a series of classes, based on age and swim level. Hopefully, we'll figure out a way to keep her going so that by summer she'll have the basics conquered.
Once I told her I signed her up for swim lessons, she was so excited that she wore her
new-to-us $2 swim suit every day leading up to the first day of swim lessons. She could not wait! What was even more exciting? That Eva signed Rafa and Kiko up for the same lessons. Yay!
Hula hoopin in her swim suit...several days left before the first day of lessons...
First day was last night! They had SO much fun!
Now to sell off more stuff so I can pay for the gas to drive all the way to Vancouver twice a week for the next 4 weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment