Esperanza plays more than she works. Typical 4 year old grass fairy.
Pony Party! We went to Sofie's birthday party recently at a pony ranch. My fearless daughter was the first kid up and on the horses. She was in heaven and loved every single moment and opportunity she had to get on a horse to take a turn. Everyone else had to warm up to the idea and only went once, maybe twice. Ezra never really warmed up at all. By the end of the day, he did let a horse sniff his hand, but that was about it. The kids decorated horse shoes after they had their run with the horses, then cake and some playing around in the field. It was off the hoof! Best birthday party idea ever!
Ezra does love the wooden horse at home though
Armando takes the kids on a long walk most mornings. He pushes them in the double stroller. Usually they walk along trails but sometimes they go to the library or the store. Any type of weather, they still go - rain, sun, sleet, wind, snow, hail - anything. Most of the time, they return home drenched from the downpour they got caught in. I dress them in layers with umbrellas, rain boots, blankets and sometimes Esperanza even has her swim suit on underneath it all. Ya never know with this Spring weather around here.
Ezra got a 'new to us' carseat recently. It passed the sleep test.
Some friends of ours have been handing down some of their old kid stuff to us lately. This train table came with all the accessories! We don't really have the space for it but it is so cool. Ezra runs around yelling "chuga-chuga, choo-choo" all day long!
Monday morning, after I dropped Esperanza off at school, I checked my email and found out that school pictures were that morning. This is what I posted as my status update on facebook:
Great - just found out today is picture day for Esperanza's school (an email was sent yesterday - lots of advance notice for those of us who don't check email every hour). Esperanza's hair hasn't been brushed in days and she decided to wear her Halloween Cheetah outfit to school today. Ah the memories this will capture.
I had a moment of panic and was irritated with the school. We don't have a ton of professional photography opportunities and I had been looking forward to picture day all year, a one time event that I might be able to convince Esperanza to let me do her hair and get a clean matching outfit of my choice on her. If you follow my blog or facebook, you are well aware that I have more than enough real and raw moments of my kids captured on camera. The photographer who does the school pictures does a full on photo shoot for each kid, plus all the editing and whatever else super expensive professional photographers do! She is an amazing professional photographer and parents are offered full high resolution copy rights of all the pictures for a smokin' deal. She provides her services with the school in exchange for the cost of tuition for her children to attend the school. Otherwise, school pictures would just be the typical boring headshot and I wouldn't care about days old matted bed head, mismatched socks or...cheetah outfits. I was bummed I wasn't prepared. After texting with Maestra Gabby, who also didn't even know school pictures were that day, I drove back to the school to brush Esperanza's hair and wipe breakfast off her face. The cheetah outfit remained and everyone was happy. I stuck around to help the photographer for a few minutes.
Roar!















No comments:
Post a Comment