Saturday, July 21, 2012

Growth Spurt

Ezra is eating again. I know that sounds odd, but he seriously went several weeks with taking only a bite or two of food each day. He'd still nurse all. the.time. But solid food? Forget it. Between the combination of our Mexico trip and his food strike, I think he actually lost a little weight over the past month. Then a few days ago, when I did my usual routine of attempting to feed him breakfast, he put the food in his mouth rather than on the floor. And then lunch? He ate that too. Snacks? You bet! He's also started taking random 20 minute naps about once a day in addition to his usual (I say that very softly because it's well known now that the minute I say stuff on my blog about my kids' routines, it changes) 1 1/2 to 2 hour nap. When I casually mentioned this new routine of him napping more and eating to a friend, I was reminded that yes indeed, he must be going through a growth spurt.
His favorite foods right now seems to be grains - breads, oatmeal, muffins, tortillas, rice, quinoa, hot cereals, etc. Who doesn't love carbs? He won't touch meat or vegetables but loves fruits and berries, raisins, beans, rice cakes, yogurt and almond milk. Here he is eating oatmeal yesterday morning, showing off his huge chompers! Speaking of chompers, a new tooth came in 2 days ago. This one is crooked, adding to that adorable cheesy smile of his. 6 teeth now - 4 on top, 2 on bottom.


1 comment:

ENDub said...

So cute! Glad the Mr. is eating again :)