Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Esperanza Misses School

Esperanza is lost without school! I try to keep her occupied and entertained throughout the days, but the moment she gets bored, she begins to ask if she can go to school. She whines and begs and cries and pleads and even tried to bribe me with a dollar the other day if I'd take her to school. She loves school. She'll be going back to Spanish With Sarah for her second year of preschool and cannot wait. School starts back up on August 14th - one more month. One more month.

Before school was out, the school went on a field trip to the zoo. It was seriously the craziest zoo day I've ever experienced. I think every single school in the area had their field trip on that same day. I wouldn't have gone if I'd known. Why do they do that?! It rained, we showed up late, Esperanza was having one of her days, Ezra was tired, and Armando and I were regretful to have even gone. Ugh! Once we finally forced food down Esperanza's throat during lunch time, her attitude shifted slowly and she began to perk up. We caught up with one of her classmates, Lucy and her mom, the sun began to sneak through the clouds, Ezra dozed off for a bit and things began lookin' up. Of course, that was only for the last 30 minutes of our trip, but hey, at least it wasn't all bad. Oh, and somehow she convinced her daddy to buy her an overpriced stuffed animal from the zoo store before we left. Daddy's girl.

Bad mood Esperanza
Esperanza really is taken by Lucy
 Not sure who the other girl is
 Holding hands
 So cute
 They sure had fun together
 Esperanza misses her

Here are a few of Esperanza's class pictures from back in May. A third of the class didn't make picture day. That same third just happened to miss picture make-up day as well. Oh well. Here is Maestra (teacher) Gabby with Lucy, Lilly, Kingsly, Hazel, Jack and Esperanza (Camille, Luke and one other boy are not in the picture). They did standard smiling group class pictures too, but I thought this one was cute of them doing silly faces.
 The photographer asked each kid to write their name on this chalk board then took their picture with it. At 3 years old, this is how Esperanza writes her name. LOVE!
 And then she posed for several more pictures. Here is one.

No comments: