Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Today, Which Was Yesterday

Today was Esperanza's first day back to school after being sick for the past week. She caught a really bad bug and for a minute, I actually thought she had Pertussis. Funny how as moms we sometimes worry too much and do some serious research that convinces us our child has the symptoms of something much worse than what really is. A friend of mine convinced herself last week that her 2 year old had a brain tumor, but it was just a bad flu bug. Before I got too worked up over the Pertussis thing, Catherine convinced me otherwise and then finally Esperanza got better. She went to school dressed in jeans, her light up princess shoes, her favorite blue hat and her favorite red t-shirt with the blue horse. This t-shirt will fit her for several years, so you'll be seeing it often. One of the very few benefits of her being sick and having to stay home for the past week was that I didn't have to wake up Ezra from his nap to drop off/pick up Esperanza. He's kind of starting to settle into a routine...I say that with hesitation, seems as though the minute I open my mouth or put something in writting, it changes. Hoping for the best. Armando was home today during the time I take Esperanza to school so I was able to let Ezra stay asleep one more school day.

While Esperanza was at school, I hung out with Ezra and had some one-on-one time. We nursed, changed diapers, played with some toys, chewed on some toys, cried a lil and laughed a lil. We also discovered that Ezra can sit up comfortabley in the Bumbo by sister Cyndi loaned us.


Tummy time doesn't last long these days...

He rolls right over onto his back


After I picked up Esperanza, we came home and played Candyland. Esperanza has her own rules for board games. Sometimes I let her have fun with it her way, and other times I try to teach her the correct way to play.Eventuallly, it became nap time again for Ezra so we decided to go for a walk so he could crash in the Ergo while Esperanza cruised the neighborhood on her trycicle.When we got home, I laid Ezra down to finish his nap, started cooking dinner & daddy came home early. Yay. Now, I'm up late, transfering files and programs from one computer to the other (and blogging in between). One of my kids will surely wake up as soon as I lay my head on my pillow, so why even try?

No comments: