Thursday, October 20, 2011

Contents of Esperanza's Purse

Esperanza has half a dozen purses. A few hand made by grandma, a couple questionable purses and then the one she loves. The Hello Kitty purse her Uncle Tony gave her for her birthday is her favorite. Why? Because it's the last one I'd have chosen for her to fall in love with, thats why. She carries this thing around everywhere she goes! I don't let her take it to school or into peoples houses, it stays in the car. Every now and then she'll find a little trinket or something small that she decides would fit very nicely in her purse. At the moment, it's close to maximum capacity. Here are it's contents:


  • A shark figure

  • A monkey head plastic ring

  • A blue container of bubbles

  • Sunglasses

  • An empty silly putty container

  • A wind up Nemo bath toy

  • A paint brush

  • Chapstick she talked Val into giving her a few weeks ago

  • A white mini-truck

  • A pink doll comb

  • A see threw container with blue rocks in it (music toy made at school)

  • A plasitc S for Superman ring

  • A princess figurine

  • A cow figure

  • Half a bag of Annie's honey grahams (they've gotta be stale)

  • MY Burt's Bees lip gloss (there it is!)

  • A green piece of candy she found on the floor at my moms house. To avoid conflict and compromise, I told her she could put it in her purse but NEVER eat it.

  • Toy Story Woody figure

  • A blue head band

  • 65 cents

  • 3 tiny hair rubber bands

  • Date and Month pieces to a calendar we have

  • A mirror

This was the first time I've dumped her purse out to see just what was in it. I can see the benefits to doing this on a semi-regular basis as she gets older. And I just had to share that so we can look back one day and take a look at some of the things that are most precious to her now.

1 comment:

jprsilver said...

Fascinating!
There you go again making the mundane interesting!