I was hesitant at first, being the responsible adult for 5 minors, even for just a few days. I'm still making the adjustment from 1 kid to 2, and then all of a sudden I get the idea that I can handle 3 more. The thought was kinda scary, but once I had them all here things became much easier than I'd imagined. Maybe even easier than just having my own 2. At least for that short period of time, and with that age span: a 7 week old, a 3 year old, a 9 year old, a 14 year old and a 17 year old. They kind of all entertained themselves and I just had to provide food, water, a place to sleep and a little screaming here and there. I'm not even close to considering having a few more of my own though, I'll stick to borrowing them, then giving them back. I'm pretty sure it turned out so smoothly only because the 3 older ones weren't mine. So, it all turned out wonderful and I kinda miss all the noise as well as the help from my nephew Antonio and 2 nieces, Angelica and Anycia. They stayed with us for a few days last week and it was nice to see them and spend some good time with them all.
My sister Mary, Angelica and Esperanza in the water at Hathaway Park. I was trying to convince them to play ring-around-the-rosies, but they didn't wanna 'fall down'.
You'd never guess that 10 years ago these kids loved having thier picture taken. This photo took a lot of begging from me. And look, I even got a smirk out of them! Better than an eye roll, but definately not a smile. We all got our hair cut earlier that day too. We can see Antonios eyes now!Toga party at the river
Antonio and Anycia digging for treasures
I kept meaning to get a picture of all 5 kids together. After going threw my photos though, I discovered I made a lousy effort at making it happen...this is the best I got
Anycia
Anycia & Esperanza
Angelica made a wonderful house wife!
No comments:
Post a Comment