Wednesday, August 10, 2011

2 Months With Ezra

Ezra is 2 months old now! Babies change so much in the first few months. He's so different than we was even a month ago. As he gets older, his personality is beginning to show, his habits are forming and we're getting to know more about him each day. He's also growing very quickly. At our 6 week check-up, which was a few weeks ago, he weighed 11 lbs 10 oz, was 23 inches long and his head measured 30 cm. My guess is he's gained another pound or more by now. He's also all but one of the baby hats I knit him.
He's a mover and a shaker! Very squirmy, kicking his legs all the time and moving his arms around.
He has a sister that loves to play with him already. She can't wait until he's up and running around with her.
He still grunts and snorts often but has also added cooing and screaching to his many playful, happy noises. He's a choker too. All too often he gets too much milk in his mouth while nursing and begins to choke. So, choking is a common 'noise' he makes as well.

He wears mostly 3-6 month clothes with a few 6-9 month items already.

Though I did think he was close to rolling over awhile back, he really isn't that close I guess. He is very strong though and can kind of do a tummy crawl and move himself a few inches when he's lying on his tummy. He can also lift his head with ease while on his tummy to move his head from side to side.

He loves being talked to and will usually 'talk' back as if a real conversation is going on.

I've gradually started to introduce dairy foods back into my diet. So far (fingers crossed) it doesn't seem to have a noticeable impact on him.

He smiles often and will even let out a little giggle every now and then.His favorite sleeping postion is on his tummy. He sleeps really well at night time with at least a 6 or more hour stretch of sleep before waking to nurse then goes back to sleep...unless Esperanza has a restless night and wakes him up, then things get rough. His naps during the day are still often, most of them short cat naps with a few 1 or 1 1/2 hour naps here and there. They are beginning to cluster together though with longer periods of being awake in between the naps.

This kid will sleep almost anywhere!He's beginning to stretch out of his 'fetal' position. Before he would often stretch, but then curl his legs back in. Recently, he'll keep his legs stretched out even while sleeping sometimes.

He does of course have his moments. I've bought every type and brand of binky imaginable and he won't take to any of them. He is beginning to suck on his hand a little, but not enough to become a 'soother'. He will sometimes take my pinky finger to suck on and be content with if we're in the car, but that only works if Armando is with us and driving. If I could bottle up any moment right now to save and re-live again in the future, it would be that moment right after nursing Ezra. Rocking in the rocking chair with his head cradled in my arm, as he drifts off into dream land. His lips move as if he's still nursing. His eyes make quick movements under his lids. Eyes flutter open exposing his brown eyes which roll up, following some kind of dream. Smiles come and go from his lips ever so quickly. And the irregular breathing pattern. The instant just before I question when he's going to begin to breath again, he breathes in a deep long breath, accompanied with a soft squeel. And then, a deep sigh, followed by his body muscles relaxing and arms falling. Thats the signal that I can either lay him down to sleep alone so I can get back to my dirty dishes...or I can fall asleep right there with him in my arms. Oxycocin overdose or not, it's such a sweet moment that can't be captured by a video camera, words cannot describe it and even a good memory can't compare to the original experience.

I'm loving & savoring every moment of Ezra as an infant, yet at the same time can't wait to watch him grow up and see who he becomes!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Oh, he is a doll! You really described all that he is doing in such detail...I miss those sweet sleepy baby days :)