Lots of knitted wash cloths and a stack of napkins I sew up Curtains for the playhouse
Bean bags! I sewed up about 30 of these and included one in each of the gift bags for kids that came to Esperanza's birthday party last month. They are pretty cool!
Mini-muffin size melted crayons. Also added these to the party gift bags. Great for the little toddler hands.
Green & purple knit headband fits Anycia like a glove!
A hat I knit for a friends new baby girl (looks good on my childhood doll my mom made me)
A fun red wool hat
This was my first felting project. I knit it, felted it in the washing mashine, sewed up the sides and put a button on it. Turned out amazing and is my go everywhere purse now!
This is still in the works...a computer bag for George's laptop. I'm second guessing my handle so it's still sitting around waiting for inspiration.
I'm also back to knitting 'the sweater'. I took a break from it because I thought I had made a huge mistake. Thinking I had to undo a huge part of it to fix it, I set it aside. After taking it in to the knitting shop last week for help, turns out there's no mistake at all, so I'm back at it. There are also a few other random knitting project I'm working on, but they might be gifts (as are some of these) so maybe I should keep some things a surprise.
Sunday, August 29, 2010
Feeling Crafty
Typically, my hands are kept busy during the summer months by diggin' in the dirt, planting fall crops, weeding, or just sitting in the middle of my garden watching it grow and munching on things as they ripen...by this point in the year I'm usually picking the fruit of all my labor and cooking it up in the kitchen. I don't like to dwell on the reality of my garden this year, so I will simply say that my garden and I have not treated each other well lately. So, to keep my hands busy elsewhere, I've been working on various crafty project over the past couple months. Here's a peak at some of my little projects...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment