Saturday, August 21, 2010

A Day At The River

One recent 90+ degree day we met a bunch of family up at Armando's Uncle Rafael's property to relax by the river. The property has private access to part of the Lewis River with a really nice swimming hole. We only made a small handful of trips to the river this summer, mostly to the Washougal River. And when we have, neither Esperanza nor I have felt like actually getting in the water. I had thought the same would be true for this day so I didn't even think twice about putting a swim suit on or even packing one. Good thing Esperanza's swim suit was already in the car from one of the last river trips. As it turned out, Esperanza warmed up to the freezing water step by little step and eventually got to the point where she didn't want to get out.
We had a really nice afternoon in the water, in the sun, eating good food and visiting with family.

You want me to get in that cold water? Yeah right!

Ok, maybe I'll play next to the water...but I'm keeping my dress on. Mama got half the swim suit on me, but I'm not going in the water until Zeke does. I've decided the only way I'm going in is if I'm naked.

Ha, ha! I'm naked & mama's got all her clothes on.

No comments: