Monday, August 9, 2010

Esperanza's Birthday Party

A couple weekends ago, a group of our friends and family gathered at our house to celebrate Esperanza's 2nd birthday. We spent a lot of time preparing for her party and it was all completely worth it. Armando's mom Angelina stayed the night before the party and spent all the next day making tamales. It's a lot of work! I wish I could say I helped her, but I didn't. I was cleaning, baking a cake, helping watch babies, and doing last minute stuff for the party. Esperanza took a nap and got up with just the perfect amount of time left to get ready and greet her guests as they arrived. She had a ton of fun and enjoyed every last bit of the celebration.
Birthday girl happy and excited about her party!
Long skirt dragging and looking oh so Princessy

Attempt at a family photo
Anycia, Celeste, Giselle and Lily
2 mama made birthday cakes with 2 pretty candles
Opening gifts
Her first 2-wheeler!Snuggle time with Elaina
Pinata Time!
Esperanza and all the kids had fun hitting the pinata and picking up all the candy
Mando got Esperanza her very own mini-pinata also...here it is hitting her in the face
Thank you to everyone who came to celebrate. Thank you to all that helped, to those who endulged Esperanza with gifts and to all that love her, near and far. It means so much to us and to Esperanza to have such amazing friends and family.
Oh, and don't be surpised if she is wearing this same outfit at her 3rd birthday party - I LOVE IT!!!! Thankfully, she does too.

1 comment:

Toni Tralala said...

Look at Esperanza's dress! She's so pretty in her dress! Great cake! :)