Monday, May 10, 2010

Sunshine At Last

I was finally able to get my tomato starts in the ground this past week and was thankful I did because we had a few warm & beautiful days for them to get settled in. They seem much happier in thier new home. While they danced in the light breeze and warm sun on Saturday, our little family was out and about enjoying a bit of sunshine ourselves.
First, we went to our niece Addy's final soccer game of the season and watched her and her team kick the ball around the field. I honestly don't even know if her team won the game or not - I spent most of my time chasing Esperanza around and keeping an eye on her. I did steal a few glances of the game and even managed to take some blurry pictures.
Here's Addy chasing after the ball

Our niece Marissa with EsperanzaMando's brother Chili with Esperanza Look at that big field! She ran her heart out.Esperanza made friends with these two dogs - she loved the puppy so much, they gave each other tons of kisses

After the game, we headed downtown to the Farmers Market where Val and her family met us. It was a little bit insane there, everyone else had the same idea we did. I'm no fan of big crowds, so we strolled threw once, grabbed some food and hung out under a tree in the park for awhile. Then we took the kids to the other side of the park to cool off in the water fountains.

Armando pulled Esperanza around in her wagonEsperanza ran, danced and jumped around the park

Wearing mama's sunglassesI couldn't convince Esperanza to play in the waterBut somehow we convinced her to look at the cameraSorry Annabelle, didn't mean to cut you off Me and my little Espy
Val and Jamo's beautiful kids Annabelle and Carter
Though it had already been a long day by the time we left the market, we were headed to a party. Armando's older sister Aurelia is getting married this summer and she had a little pre-wedding party so her family and her husband to be family could meet and mingle. Esperanza took a short cat nap in the car and when she woke, she wasn't very happy. We toughed it out though and still had a great time eating some yummy food and meeting some really nice people.

Aurelia and Gary - the happy couple!Esperanza's cousin Rafael always takes the cutest pictures. It's like pulling teeth to get this kid to smile. But really - who needs a smile when you look like this? Espy and Raf playing together

1 comment:

ENDub said...

I can never get over how beautiful she is Han.