Sunday, May 16, 2010

A Little Getaway

We took advantage of the nice weather this past weekend and rented a cabin on a lake not far from home, just the three of us. We only stayed one night but it was really nice to get away and enjoy some peace and quiet away from home.


Shorts look pretty good on this girl huh?
Playing in the sand
There's the cabin
Esperanza leading us on a hike
Esperanza's first smore sandwich
Morning campfire and breakfast
Off for a stroll

After we hung out by the water for awhile and checked out of our cabin, we drove a little further north to the annual herb festival on a farm. I was on the hunt for lemon verbena - It makes a wonderful iced tea by itself or with a little bit of fresh tarragon leaves from the home herb garden. Unfortunately, my lemon verbena got mowed down a few months ago on accident and didn't survive. So, hunting I went for that sweet smelling plant to add once again to my herb garden at home. I didn't find it. Sold out! I did get some other herbalicous plants though and will continue to look for the hard to find lemon verbena (if you see some, please let me know where). Esperanza got some honey stix and we enjoyed the rent of the afternoon on the farm.

Esperanza really loves being pulled around in the wagon
She also loved the honey stix
Strolling threw the herb garden
They even have a little fairy garden hidden in the big herb garden - oh so adorable! Esperanza goes crazy every time I try to get my picture taken with her lately. Here she is throwing herself backwards (you'll have to just imagine the screaming part)
This was the best we could do - I think we both have silly faces, but from a distance - not bad

No comments: