Monday, October 19, 2009

A Great Pumpkin Birthday Weekend

Since I spent Friday the 16th depressed over my sister, I had gotten it out of my system a day early and was able to enjoy my birthday with no tears or wondering mind. I said goodbye to my 20's forever and welcomed 30 warmly. After a warm & cozy Saturday morning spent indoors in front of the fire listening to the thunderstorm that rolled through town while making pumpkin muffins, Geneva and her kids arrived to spend the weekend with me. Armando, Geneva, Val, Jameson and I all went out to eat at PF Changs in Portland. Later, we met up with my mom, George, Mary, Yoshi and a few of Armando's friends for some drinks closer to home. We cut the evening a bit short at the bar since Esperanza wouldn't let Angelica put her to sleep. The party got moved to my house where I finally turned into a pumpkin by about midnight. The next morning we got up, made pancakes & coffee then headed to the pumpkin patch. Cyndi, Tony & Roman met us there. We went to The Pumpkin Patch on Sauvie Island even though I originally thought of going to The Pomeroy Farm. We had a great time and the weather was perfect! Geneva's kids went through the corn maze, we ate yummy kettle corn, we went on a free hay ride and we got some pumpkins...and the only not so great thing was that everyone else in Portland did the same thing at the same place on that same day. There were way too many people there! Next year we'll try a different place...suggestions anyone?

This is why I love this time of year

Anycia found her perfect pumpkinCyndi, Tony & Roman enjoying the dayThe kids and their pumpkins
A photo op gone badAfter we all picked our pumpkins, Esperanza turned into one on the hay ride back

Thank you all for the thoughtful birthday gifts, cards, flowers and love that was sent my way!!!

No comments: