Friday, September 18, 2009

The Endless Scarf

Though it is probably of no real interest to others, I figured if I posted pictures and a brief story about my knitting project, it would inspire and guilt me into finishing it soon.
A couple of years ago a dear friend of mine introduced me to knitting and actually went out and bought me all the supplies I needed to get this new hobby started, then spent several hours teaching me how to knit. For a few weeks I was really into it and made some progress on my first project, a 100% wool burnt orange colored scarf. Then I got a little bored with it, realizing it was going to take a lot of time to get it done, so I put it away. I've taken it out only a few times since then and made very little progress. Now, with the crisp evening air reminding me that the Autumn Equinox is just days away I'm really determined to have this scarf done and available to wear before the weather gets cold this year. The past few days I've spent at least part of nap time each day knitting (sadly, Esperanza only takes one nap a day now) and some time in the evenings knitting. It isn't being put away at all - it's getting done this fall!
The first picture is a way better representation of the color - still working on those photography skills...Now I'm not one to brag, but for a beginning knitter - and aside from being slow - I'm a really good knitter! It is turning out so beautiful with tight stitching and a fun ruffle edge (hopefully I can remember how to do the other ends edge when I get there). I'm on my third ball of yarn and have decided that once that ball is gone, I'm done! That is how I am going to put an end to the tough decision of how long I want it. The pattern I used shows the scarf really short, and I want it super long...otherwise it would have been done a long time ago I suppose.
My next knitting project will be smaller, probably a dish cloth. Okay, off the computer and back to knitting...

No comments: