As a sidenote, I have to mention that I had bought a couple of summer dresses for Esperanza way before she had started crawling, and didn't think anything about it. This was a mistake. Since she's my first and only baby, let alone first baby girl, I hadn't even given a thought to the fact that she would be crawling at the time those dresses would fit her, and that babies can't crawl in dresses. I don't even think I could easily. Sad! Really sad, at least for me because dresses are so stinkin' cute on little girls. I have two dresses that are short and snug enough that they hike up when she crawls making it possible. But really, two dresses are just not enough (I'm still working on getting rid of the afluenza bug).
So that was the dress we went with, the one she could crawlk (crawl/walk) in. The photography session went really well with only a few crying spells from Esperanza. She seemed intrigued by Jenifers big camera and I'm looking forward to seeing the looks captured on Esperanza's face. The fundraiser itself was a huge success as well and the day brought in almost $1600 all donated to Unite For The Cure. We are so blessed and thankful to have had the opportunity to get professional pictures done. Thank you so much Jenifer for donating your time and talent. And while we couldn't donate as much as my heart wished we could, it felt good to give even a little bit toward such a wonderful cause. It was also nice to see some girls I hadn't talked to since high school and also to finally meet baby Nicholas. He is such a precious baby and it was amazing to see that his physical limitations have absolutely no impact on his sweet personality, as he was oozing with the pure joy of being here.
When we got home, Esperanza was desperate to get out of the dress and back to crawling (crawlking takes much more effort). Before I gave in though, I got in a short photo session of my own...
1 comment:
Cute! It was so nice to see you and meet your beautiful baby! She's so adorable!!!
Post a Comment