Friday, July 17, 2009

Picture & Stories Of Recent Events

This past week has been super busy and each day has been go-go-go. Today we finally took some time to just ground out at home for the day before another crazy week begins. Recently, we've had birthday parties, we took a day trip out of town to look at places for my sister to live, we went blueberry picking, we hung out on a boat with family, we've gone to the farmers market, we've spent time visiting with friends and we've been harvesting and eating berries and veggies from my garden as well as friends & families gardens.
Last weekend was Armando's mom's birthday. The entire family (and then some) got together for food and mingling to celebrate. Happy Birthday Angelina!

Our niece Sarah and her sweet baby Yareli Birthday girl and her cake Armando's sister Eva is almost ready to birth her 3rd baby (which will be a home birth with my midwives!). Can't you tell she's excited?
My BFF Val and her husband Jameson celebrated their 4th anniversary last week. Esperanza and I went over to their house to watch Annabelle and Carter so they could go out to eat. We played in the backyard and had a great time. Congrats Val & Jamo!
Jumping on the trampolineEsperanza loved the swing! Earlier this month I was questioning all my hard work in the garden because things just weren't perking up. Recently though things have changed and I think I may actually be rewarded with lots of tomatoes, peppers and eggplant before the end of summer.
Purple flower should become a purple eggplant soon Sweet green pepper ready to eatGreen tomatoes My friends' garden in the back woods of Camas is doing fabulous also!

Yesterday Esperanza and I went blueberry picking with some girlfriends of mine and their babies at Bella Organic Farm on Sauvie Island. It was very hot! We got up early to go but didn't stay long cause all the babies (and us mamas) couldn't handle even the early morning heat. We came home with about 5 pounds of yummy sweet organics blueberries - mmm.

Esperanza eating the berries as I pick them

Nursing Esperanza in the blueberry fieldWearing Esperanza in front of the blueberry fieldEsperanza touching baby Jai's noseMegan with her son PhoenixJenny & JaiAlisha and Adalay We went over to my mom's cousin Jill's house the other day and cruised around the Columbia River on her very cool electric boat. Jill lives in a house boat on Hayden Island and it was so nice to visit with her and spend the afternoon on the river.

Esperanza and Mando chillin' on the deck of the house boatCaptain Jill and my mom Mando and Esperanza ralaxing on the boatAnd THE most exciting thing happening in our lives, on this planet and in the entire universe right now is that my sister and her kids are on their way out to Oregon from Ohio! After 10+ years, she has finally decided to come back home. It is a huge move for them in addition to a really long road trip. One of the many challenges she's had is finding a place to live here, while living out there. So, my mom, Esperanza and I took a day trip out of town to look at a few potential new homes for her and her kids. I mostly took photos of the places, but here's a cute one of Esperanza. Have a safe drive Geneva, we can't wait till you get home!
Last week when we had a rainy day, I got what Armando calls the 'afluenza bug' and found some neat things on Craigslist I had to get: a child size wood rocking chair and a wood rocking horse. Is it still considered consuming when they are post-consumer items? Either way, I feel better knowing they were used. Both are still a little big for Esperanza but they were so cheap I couldn't pass them up. Unfortunately Esperanza is a little freaked out by the horse. I'm hoping she'll warm up to it though or else I'll have to re-post it on Craigslist.
And there you have it folks - a busy week condensed all into one post! It doesn't look like things will be slowing down any time soon either. Coming up, we have a ton of birthday parties (including Esperanza's 1st birthday), Geneva's arrival and helping her & the kids get settled, Mary comes home for a visit, more camping trips, harvest time for several gardens, more blueberry picking, more trips to the river, a trip to the beach, and much, much more!

1 comment:

ENDub said...

I love reading about your life Han. You are such a good mom.