Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Flower

Yesterday was Esperanza's 1st birthday! One year ago I saw this precious face for the first time.
And this is her today
As a cruel reminder of what I was doing and feeling exactly a year ago, I came down with the flu or food poisoning or something terrible the night before her birthday at about the same time my labor pains started the year before. As crazy as this sounds, I would much rather have been going through labor pains again instead of dealing with the stomach flu. I spent her birthday sick and miserable while my mom and Armando hung out with her. Armando took her up to his uncles house and they picked green beens and my mom came over later in the evening to feed her dinner and make me some egg drop soup and tea. For the most part though, she didn't have a very exciting first birthday. We do however have a little celebration planned for her this weekend.
Happy first birthday my little flower!

1 comment:

ENDub said...

Oh man...that's such a bummer. I just now had time to catch up on blog reading. I can't believe she's 1! Time goes so quickly. Well, happy belated sweet Espy! I'm glad you had fun at the celebration after her bday. Hugs.