Sunday, November 30, 2014

Loosing Teeth

Every time Esperanza looses a tooth, she becomes so scared and fearful. Her feelings are so real and raw. This last tooth caused the most distress so far. The tooth was hanging by a thread, bloody. She was running around the house, screaming with terror in her eyes. She was so scared. I could do nothing to help her or calm her. She actually asked me to put the tooth back into her gums. 
Eventually she calmed down and it was bed time. I was kinda worried the tooth would fall out while she was sleeping and she'd choke on it. Of course, I did not share that thought with her. 
By morning, after 12 full hours of sleep, she woke up bright eyed and happy, with courage and determination. She asked me to pull it out, and I did. Easy-peasy!! 
And then, her super talented origami tooth fairy left a sparkly money flower for Flor.



No comments: